Built in the last decade to the highest specifications and incorporating local materials in many of its furnishings and buildings, Kifaru has recently been given an environmental and ecological makeover. Solar panels help generate electricity and heat water; water is recycled to irrigate the landscape; and an organic kitchen garden is lovingly tended.
Meals are deceptively simple, nourishing and delicious. Guests are encouraged to discuss their requirements with the chefs, who are happy to accommodate individual tastes and dietary needs, using the freshest available food as well as produce from the garden. There is a full in-house laundry service.
Kifaru is a home, and so guests can plan their meals and and their activities to entirely suit themselves – whether that may be lying by the pool, taking a guided walk, or going on safari with one of the highly-trained guides on the staff.
- Day and night Game drives
- Bird watching
- Nature walks with our knowledgeable guides
- Bush breakfasts
- Walks along the canopies and waterfalls in the Ngare-Ndare forest
- Visits to local villagesHorseback and Camel riding
- Visits to the archaeological site
- Educational talks on the history & day-to-day operation of the Conservancy
- Small-plane trips